Genesis 46:1-7, 1 Peter 4:12-19, Matthew 2:13-23
SECOND SUNDAY OF CHRISTMAS
Current Sermon Series – Seasons: Here Comes Heaven
Church Service – January 3rd
Current sermon series, Seasons: Here Comes Heaven – Get ready for our final chapter of Seasons as we head into the Christmas season. During this time we look forward to the coming of heaven to earth in the person of Jesus Christ. We will focus on the coming celebration of Christ’s birth as well as our hope in the Second Coming of Jesus and how both of those things bring us hope and new life right now. Join us, starting this Sunday!
How to Stay Connected When You’re not Ready to Come Back
We know it’s hard to feel connected sometimes with everything that is going on. We are working hard here at Holy Cross to keep our church family thriving as much as possible while still being responsible with our decisions about the health of our congregation and the community. Here are some ways to stay plugged in to HCLM:
– Devotions on YouTube and Facebook- intended for our student ministry, but helpful for everyone.
– Prepare for Sunday Services – contemporary worship songs, scripture readings, and questions for deeper thinking posted throughout the week on Facebook and Instagram
– Monday Night Bible Study @ 5:30pm on YouTube and Facebook- A walk through the book of Psalms with Pastor Matt and Pastor Chris
– Unscripted Live – Thursdays at 1:30 on YouTube and Facebook – Unscripted chat with the Pastors and special guests
– Drive Through Communion – the fourth Sunday of each month from 11:30 am -12:00 pm
– Praying for You – We have always believed in the power of prayer. If there is something weighing on your mind or want to submit a prayer, let us know through our prayer request form or e-mail email@example.com.
– Online or In Person Services – Sunday at 8:00 am for traditional service or 10:00 am for contemporary
Education Hour –
Each Sunday, we will be having Sunday School in the Children’s Center, Middle/High School Student Service in the Youth Center, and the Sunday Morning Bible Study in the Community Center during our new Education Hour between services from 9:00-10:00 AM. Hope to see you there!
Tithes & Offerings
We give because we recognize that God has blessed us immensely and so we honor Him by giving back to Him out of our tithes and offerings. You can give online at hclm.org/give or mail to church address at 780 N Sun Drive, Lake Mary, FL 32746.
Sunday Morning Seating Arrangements
You will notice that more seats have returned in the church. The groups of seating has returned to rows. We still ask that members of households to sit together while remaining socially distant from other households with 2-3 seats between families. Thanks for keeping others safe.
What’s Going On
The Following is on break
– Sunday School and Sunday Morning Middle/High School to resume Jan 10
– Confirmation to resume Jan 13
– LWML Wednesday Bible Study to resume Jan 6
– All online content on hold until the new year. Return date to be announced.
Announcements & Updates
Still receiving mail from the church for a family member that moved out years ago? Not receiving mail from the church? Moved? New phone number? Changes to your household? It has been years since we have scrubbed our database to make sure we have all of your correct contact information. If you have had any contact or family changes, especially in the past three years, please be sure to update the church. You can do so by going to HCLM.org and clicking the “Update Requested” button or reaching out the office.
Preschool and VPK in need of Substitute Teachers
Must have 45 hours of DCF training on transcript to apply. Background check and CPR required. Please email Jessica Binkley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursery Volunteers needed
Does working with young children make you feel young again? You may be the right person to help our nursery director by volunteering for an occasional Sunday. You get to make your own schedule and student volunteers can earn community service hours for helping. For more information talk to Carolyn Zacharias in the nursery between 9am-11am on Sundays.
Holy Cross Lake Mary Podcast
Check out and subscribe to our new podcast on iTunes or Spotify. You can also simply ask Alexa to “play the Holy Cross Lake Mary Podcast”
St. Luke’s Concert Series
St. Luke’s is doing their concert series virtually this year. Go to sllcs.org/concert-series for more information. Here are their upcoming shows:
- Jan 23 – Orlando Concert Band
- Feb 13 – UCF Symphony
- Mar 21 – Lutheran Cantata Choir and Chamber Ensemble
- Apr 24 – Philharmonic Orchestra
Prayers of the Church
Prayers of Comfort
In memory of Mark Rueh (Don and Barb’s son) would have celebrated his 50th birthday January 3
Prayers of Healing
Diana prayers for a successful back surgery and a return to good health
Rose prayers that the hand of God will guide her
Walter Schaffer prayers for healing and faith while battling pancreatic cancer
Daniel, Ashley, Delanie, and Elysa prayers health and healing from being affected by COVID
Dave Springmann prayers for healing from cancer
Linda Morrow speedy recovery following treatment for an infection
Don Blackadar quick healing from a recent surgery
For all those suffering from coronavirus.
Prayers for safe travel for all of those who are traveling for the holidays
Prayers for Healing from Cancer
“Casting a light to help those who are lost find their way in Christ”
Sunday Services at 8:00am, and 10:00am in the Worship Center
Pastor Matt Wallis (email@example.com)
Pastor Chris Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Executive Pastor CFLCN: Pastor Paul Hoyer (email@example.com)