Genesis 11:1-9, Acts 2:1-21, John 14:23-31
Church Service – May 23
Current sermon series, Renew
How to Stay Connected Until You’re Ready to Come Back
We know it’s hard to feel connected sometimes with everything that is going on. We are working hard here at Holy Cross to keep our church family thriving as much as possible while still being responsible with our decisions about the health of our congregation and the community. Here are some ways to stay plugged in to HCLM:
– Devotions on YouTube and Facebook- intended for our student ministry, but helpful for everyone.
– Prepare for Sunday Services – contemporary worship songs, scripture readings, and questions for deeper thinking posted throughout the week on Facebook and Instagram
– Monday Night Bible Study @ 5:30pm on Facebook- A walk through the book of Psalms with Pastor Matt and Pastor Chris
– Drive Through Communion – the fourth Sunday of each month from 11:30am -12:00 pm
– Praying for You – We have always believed in the power of prayer. If there is something weighing on your mind or want to submit a prayer, let us know through our prayer request form or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Online or In Person Services – Sunday at 8:00am for traditional service or 10:00am for contemporary
– Holy Cross Lake Mary Podcast – Check out and subscribe to our new podcast on iTunes or Spotify. You can also simply ask Alexa to “play the Holy Cross Lake Mary Podcast”
Tithes & Offerings
We give because we recognize that God has blessed us immensely and so we honor Him by giving back to Him out of our tithes and offerings. You can give online at hclm.org/give or mail to church address at 780 N Sun Drive, Lake Mary, FL 32746.
Sunday Morning Seating Arrangements
We ask that members of households to sit together while remaining socially distant from other households with 2-3 seats between families. Thanks for keeping others safe.
Upcoming Events and Activities
May 23 – Drive Through Communion
Until everyone is comfortable with meeting again, we will offer Drive Through Communion each month. We look forward to seeing those who haven’t been ready to return to services.
May 23 – Middle School Youth Group End of Year Party
All students in 6th-8th grade are invited to join us from 5pm-7pm on May 23 for our LAST Middle School Youth Night of this school year. We’ve been so blessed to be able to get together and we can’t wait to end the year with a party to celebrate our kids.
May 23 – Mite Box Sunday
Bring your loose change to be placed in the mites box on the stage during offering. All donations support LWML mission work.
Jul 19-23 – High School Mission Trip
Our high schoolers will be heading to The Lake Yale Baptist Conference Center in Leesburg from July 19-23 for their annual mission trip. The trip is open to those going into 9-12 grade for the 2021/2022 school year. This trip will be a great way for students to serve God and the community while growing closer to each other through fun activities and devotions. For registration and information please visit HCLM.org/mission-trip
L-Team News and Calendar
If your are interested in starting an L-Team or your existing L-Team has resumed, please reach out to the office or one of the pastors.
All of May – LWML Gifts from the Heart
LWML is getting ready for their National Convention in June and is collecting Gifts from the Heart to turn in at the convention. Item list located in Narthex and on church Facebook page. Please donate only new items. Place donated items in the LWML bin located in the Narthex before June 20th.
Adult Bible Study 9am
Student Ministry 9am (on hold for June)
Sunday School 9am (on hold for June)
Middle School Youth Group (4th Sunday only) 5pm-7pm (Pastor Chris)
Men’s Bible Study 7am (Pastor Chris)
Men’s Ministry 7:30pm
Ladies Book Club (4th Monday only) 7pm
Ladies Bible Study by LWML 6:30pm (Sharon Shyrock or Chris Jennison)
Worship Team Practice 6:45pm (Chris Kutcher)
MUG (Mothers Under Grace) (Last Wednesday Only) 6:30pm (Nicole Dickinson or Kelly Kutcher)
Shadetree Garage (1st and 3rd Thursday only) (Will Zacharias or Pastor Matt)
Announcements & Updates
Children’s Church will be taking a break May 23rd – July 4th
Holy Cross Mask Policy Update
From the start of the pandemic we at holy Cross have endeavored to worship God and serve our neighbor as we always have, but in a way that is in accord with public guidelines and mandates, and with our Christian duty to love our neighbor and not put them at undue risk. However, we have also continued to pray for and desire a return to greater normalcy. With the growing number of vaccinated people, as well as changes in mandates and guidelines, we now believe it is time to take the following steps toward that normalcy.
– The wearing of masks is no longer required. However, the wearing of masks is still encouraged for the protection of yourself and your neighbor, especially when up and moving around or not able to socially distance.
– Front line volunteers that deal with members, guests, and visitors face-to-face will still wear masks when performing their duties.
– Out of respect for those who do not wish to be seated around people that may not be wearing masks, we will designate the balcony during the 10 AM service as a “masks required zone.” Please do not consider this second class seating. The balcony actually gives you a nice view, the acoustics are good, and we are happy to have our communion assistants and ushers come to you in the balcony for communion and offering.
– The additional space we created by removing rows for social distancing will remain. And we continue to ask you to leave a few seats in between you and other family groups.
VBS Supplies Needed
We are in need of supply donations for VBS. You can grab a ticket off the VBS board on Sunday or purchase directly from the VBS Amazon Wishlist: https://a.co/dl2rGNd. Please be sure to return your donations no later than May 30th.
Now through June 4 – Pregnancy Baby Bottle Campaign
It’s not too late to get a baby bottle or return the one you have! Pick up a baby bottle from the Narthex during the month of May (while supplies last), take it home, fill it with money, pray for the clients of the Pregnancy Center, and return it to the church to help the Pregnancy Center with their mission helping pregnant women in need. Return the bottle to the church to the office on Sunday or 9am-4pm Mon-Thurs before June 4th.
Looking for a space to host your next event?
Holy Cross Lake Mary rents out our facility to the community for meeting, parties, weddings, and more. Do you know someone who is looking for an event space? Have them email the office at email@example.com to get rental information and schedule a tour today.
Prayers of the Church
Prayers of Thanksgiving
Les Frick as he celebrated his 90th birthday on 5/17
For the Baptism of Hudson during the 10am service today
Prayers of Healing
Les Frick prayers of healing from heart attack experienced last Sunday
Jim Lillo prayers of healing and relief from pain and return to good health
Gina Culpepper prayers of healing while hospitalized
Amy Stier prayers for a successful surgery number 3 on her arm and complete healing
Georgene Walden prayers for complete healing and comfort after doctors found a tumor on pancreas which had already spread
Sue Stark has been diagnosed with cancer. Prayers for healing and peace through her treatments and surgery
Tim Stark prayers for healing from heart issues and the doctors to lead him to a full recovery
For all those suffering from coronavirus.
We pray today for our nation and our world. We ask that God would be with all of our leaders and elected officials; we pray that He would bring peace to the world, a return to normal after COVID, an end to violence and especially watch over Christians that are facing persecution.
Prayers for Healing from Cancer
“Casting a light to help those who are lost find their way in Christ”
Sunday Services at 8:00am, and 10:00am in the Worship Center
Pastor Matt Wallis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Pastor Chris Johnson (email@example.com)
Executive Pastor CFLCN: Pastor Paul Hoyer (firstname.lastname@example.org)