Learn More about Plant & Build
Please join us for an informal, but important, conversation regarding Plant & Build and explore your role in His plan for Holy Cross. The following events are scheduled to take place over the next month to help each of us better understand the goals and roles we can play in growing His Kingdom.
• Sunday September 27th at 9AM and 10:30AM in the Fellowship Hall
• Sunday October 4th at Noon, Cookout with Inform Event in the Fellowship Hall
Pasquale Buzzelli, a structural engineer with Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, was in his office on the 64th floor of the North Tower as the September 11th attacks began. In his book, We All Fall Down, he tells how he survived the tower collapse and woke up in the open air hours later on The Pile, a stack of debris seven stories high. Join the Book Club on Monday, Sept 28th, as they discuss this highly emotional and hope filled book.
Trunk ‘R Treat
Join us for Lake Mary’s biggest and best Trunk ‘R Treat, Oct 24th at 5pm, right here in the Holy Cross Parking Lot! We are bringing back the inflatable bounce house, inflatable obstacle course and a dunk tank. We will have hot dogs to roast over the open fire pit and LOTS OF CANDY! So whether you are a little kid or a kid at heart, there is something for everyone. Kids can visit dozens of trunks in costume and safely collect candy. To register your trunk or volunteer, go to trunkRtreat.org.
Red Hat Ladies
The draw is ALWAYS the salad bar. LOVE IT! Very fresh with cool stuff like beets, edamame beans, chick peas, and real lettuce. A nice touch was the higher quality lemonade on the menu. The garlic biscuits were very tasty. Our ladies are traveling to Ruby Tuesday’s located on Saxon Blvd in Orange City on October 6th. To get there take I-4 to exit 111B towards Orange City, merge onto Saxon Blvd. Ruby Tuesday’s address is 1212 Saxon Blvd. Contact Grace Friedrich 386-574-8144 or Doris Underwood 386-789-4280 to make reservations.
Calling All Men!
Join Pastor Chris on October 15 at 7pm for the first Real Men of Jesus L-team in the Fellowship Hall. We will have barbecue from 4 Rivers and a cornhole tournament. But more importantly, we will get together to hare experiences and have a great time. Questions? Contact Pastor Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a CDL and would like to support Holy Cross Lutheran Academy, we could use your help. We are expanding our enrollment, our sports program and our curriculum related trips. It would help tremendously to have a list of drivers. Please call Matt Martin, Shirley Geiss or Rob Sinninger for more information at 407-936-3636.
Do you have an hour on Wednesday to volunteer? HCLA Upper School would appreciate assistance from 1:20-2:12 in our 6th grade Spanish class. You do not have to be bi-lingual to assist; learn with the students! Please call Shirley Geiss at 407-936-3636 ext 3 for more information.
Financial Peace University
This changes EVERYTHING!! Your money. Your story. Your life. Learn God’s ways of handling money with Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University!! The average turnaround is $8,000 in just the first three months!! Classes will begin September 27th @ 1:00 in the Fellowship Hall. This is a 9 week course. Please contact Pamela & Andy Sadlon for information on ordering your kits to get started!! (386)734-6609 or (386)747-8271
Passing on your stewardship values using a Family Gift Fund (donor-advised fund) is an easy and effective way to help children and grandchildren learn generosity. And the immediate tax deduction can really help, too. Call Robin Paris at 407-333-0797, Ext. 1103 or email: Robin.Paris@lfnd.org to find out how easy it is to set this donor advised fund up.
Prayers for Healing
- Katie as she awaits the birth of her daughter; prayers for a smooth delivery and that the baby is healthy
- Wasyl “Wally” Lenyk suffered a stroke; prayers for successful treatment and a return to good health
- Mistee Grunklee having a lot of foot pain from running; prayers for healing
- Tom Curren doctors found several masses; prayers for favorable outcome on his tests and
- Delilah Davis caregiver for Tom Curren prayers for comfort, love and support
- Ana diagnosed with breast cancer; prayers for healing
- Grayson Cook who is one year old and has a mass, prayers for favorable test results
- Robert Bowes for good test results in the coming weeks and for a complication free recovery from major bladder surgery.
- Brandon Stone who has been diagnosed with cancer and is without insurance, prayers for healing and that God would provide for his medical expenses
- Leon Kees for healing and favorable test results
- Maria Katz who has been diagnosed with breast cancer, prayers for healing
- Christi who has been diagnosed with cancer, prayers for healing and effective treatment
- Phil Stichler (Friend of Ken Bates) who has been diagnosed with cancer, prayers for healing
- Holly Donaldson safe travel to and from Kykgyzstan for work, 9/23-10/5
- The Morales family prayers for God’s love and guidance as the family prepares to leave for Taiwan for a year
Prayers of Thanksgiving
- Isaiah (Craig and Joanne Hench’s grandson) as he celebrates his 8th birthday on Sept 28
Prayers of Comfort for Those Who have Lost Loved Ones
- Norma Smith (Bonnie Heminger’s sister)
Prayers for Healing from Cancer
Pastor Randall James